Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Palty Foam: Marshmallow Ash Review!

I decided to write a review on Palty Marshmallow Ash since there weren't some that I found all that much use full. :(


A couple days ago, I decided to once again dye my hair. But this time I decided that I wanted darker hair for the fall/winter and have lighter hair for spring/summer.
With that in mind, I decided it was a great opportunity to try the Palty dye I had bought a month ago.
For awhile now, I've been wanting to try the Marshmallow Ash color in Palty foam dye.
Why? The name is cute and I loved the color the model had. from past experiences, I know my hair won't come out like the model's.


Anyway.... Let's get started with this review!
*All pictures are taken with sunlight as light source*



Before:
Ew.... I forgot to edit this pic... >.<

Side view

Roots are showing! >.<"


Box:



Result Chart:
Can't really tell but I wanted the middle color since that's the color my hair is.
It's the closest to the model's hair.
Sorry for blurry pic but you can always Google a better pic. ;)

Took about 20 minutes to mix and apply the dye.
Since I have fine to damaged hair, I only waited 15 minutes.
For the first time, I did not blow dry my hair before washing out the dye.


Results:
Creeper..... O.O"

A little bit of the ashy tone...

Roots are less noticeable

Way darker than I expected


Ratings (out of 5):


Color: 2 out of 5
The result was way darker than I expected. It looks black in low lighting. There is little to no ash tone.
The instructions do say that if you leave the dye in longer than 20 minutes, it will come out black.

Softness: 5 out of 5
My hair is as soft as usual after washing out the dye and apply the conditioner.

Smell: 3 out of 5
The smell of the dye itself spelled really fruity unless you put your nose right near it. The strong smell of the dye lasted in my hair for about a day or so because I didn't smell it the next day but my friend did.

Conditioner: 5 out of 5
The conditioner helps a lot with softening your hair. It also smells really good too. I wish they sold bottles of it. :3

Would I repurchase this color? Honestly, no. If I ever want to go dark again, I want to try Cinnamon Churros, Chocolate Waffle, Dark Ganache, Macaroon Brown, or Caramel Sauce. (So many! ^^)

Recommend to a friend? No.

When I go lighter I obviously have to bleach my hair first.
But the colors I'm willing to try are: Macaroon Beige, Fresh Caramel Latte, Sakura Creamy, Creamy Caramel, or Milk Tea Brown. (Even more... O.O)

Oh, if any of you were wondering, the color I have in my profile pic is Palty Nama Caramel Latte. I kinda miss that color.... :(


Share! Comment! Follow! Join! +1! :D

Hope This was Helpful to You Guys!
<3

2 comments:

  1. i saw a review also but she has a blonde hair, the result turned out awesome, it did turned into ASH like GREY.. and was very shiny, yet you have already dark hair dye before you did the marshmallow ash, you would think that you need to bleach it before the ash..
    thank you for the review cuz i might want to try this one, cuz Now my hair is Palty Raspberry macarron, it turned out like in the model

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    I'm too scared to bleach my hair since my hair has gone through a lot of damage as it is. haha ^^"
    But yeah, if you want your hair to turn out like the model you should either strip the color of the Raspberry Macaroon or, like in my case, bleach your hair. I've always wanted to try the Raspberry Macaroon btw! :D

    ReplyDelete