Saturday, April 13, 2013

John Frieda Dark Cherry Brown Review!

Okay, I know it seems like I dye my hair a lot. But honestly, I used to.
It has been about two months since the last time I dyed my hair.
Since then, I have taken good care of my hair.


I always wanted my hair to be a light ash blonde color but since I'm not fair enough, I know I can never dye my hair to that color.
Ever since my best friend dyed her hair a red color I kind of wanted to try it for myself.
Last weekend we went to our local Ulta store and I had purchased a box of John Frieda hair dye.


Dark Cherry Brown



Color Chart



Contents of Box

I chose this color because even though I wanted to dye my hair red, I was going for more of a burgundy color. I didn't want my hair to be bright and "in your face" red.


My Before Hair:




 You can see where I bleached my hair for the teal.


The Dying Process:




I kind of already had the feeling that my hair was going to turn out darker than it showed on the result chart.


Conditioner; smells amazing! :)


My After Hair:


You can't see the ugly blonde-green ^^


No Flash; Indoor Lighting


Flash; Indoor Lighting


Red Tint...

Results: My hair looks black indoors but outdoor with sunlight, you can see more of the red.

More pics:




*The color will bleed when you shower the first time after dying your hair. Use colored towel.*


Ratings (out of 5):

Color: 2 out of 5
I liked how the color is a dark red. 
But I at least wanted the red to show a little more, especially in the sunlight. 
When in the sunlight you can only see the red tint. 

Softness: 5 out of 5
I love the size and smell of the conditioner.
After using it, my hair was so soft that I couldn't stop touching it.
The conditioner is also big enough for you to use once a week to prevent the color from fading.

Smell: 5 out of 5
My hair didn't smell like dye at all after dying it.
All my hair smelled like was the conditioner! :)

Would I repurchase this color? No. I was very disappointed how the color came out even though I knew the color would not turn out the same color on the box.

Recommend to Friend? Sure. If my friend ever wanted a more natural hair color but still wanted a nice colored tint.


Share! Comment! Follow! Join!

Hope this was helpful to you guys! If is wasn't sorry.
<3





No comments:

Post a Comment